Let's be honest, you just can't go out to eat with everyone. There I said it! When it's time to dine, whether it be a quick bite or white napkins and linen tablecloths not all share the same (how can I say this without squinching my eyes tight) dining energy. Yesssss, there it is energy! See, im extremely sensitive about decor. What does that mean, well if there is a lot of writing on the windows, signs, photos of the family, specials and paintings of shrimp and cows on the windows i'm probably not gonna eat there. Nahhhh, I know im not gonna eat there. When I enter an establishment and there is a lot of clutter that has nothing to do with food service, i'll probably say something look uh o, I left my keys in the car be right back to never return. Yikes!
I like what I like! I can compromise on lots of things but food, absolutely not. I love aroma and fresh food. It can be simple and it can be extremely complexed. BUT IT HAS TO BE GOOD. I have to taste the love. I know what love tastes like when food is prepared. I can tell when someone is preparing a dish and they put there heart into it. It's a gift, an art. I can tell when a cook has gotten acquainted with a brussel sprout! They understand how to make someone who hates the taste of brussels fall in love with this itty bitty veggie champion. It takes patience to discover the essence of a scallion, raw, fried, blanched or roasted how it makes an egg dance and a taco talk. You can't fake that.
Its beautiful that you can open a restaurant but can you create an experience. Better yet does your circle understand these prerequisites when inviting you out to dine? Are they funny about cheese, do they know what humboldt fog is. Do they order a miller or the local blonde craft beer. These things are very important. You request my presence at a meal and I show up and want to burn the place down after a terrible meal, I may have to rethink our friendship. I don't even share my favorite restaurants or food experiences with my husband, love em but he doesn't get it. HE IS NOT PART OF MY FOOD CREW!!!!! I had to get that out! Now my FATHER how I miss him. He was the president of my food crew. An excellent palette for divine cuisine. From soulfood to Indian, he was exceptional at finding amazing spaces that served the most beautiful epicurean delights. I like real sides, don't serve me poopoohpoo salad from the grocer cause you think Jesus touched your ribs literally so nothing else has to be good, shame on you! You better know how to make those six sides on the menu sing or don't put them on the damn menu. I'd rather you have two sides that are screaming versus seven sides that horrible.
Bottom line you need a crew member that knows spanish, that knows japanese, that knows southern. You need crew that know how to get on a plane and head to Portland for some seafood and San Francisco for chowder. Knows about the Szechuan jont that stays open past 3am after the club and only takes cash. That's food crew. A fly food crew better know where the adult drinks are as well and a good milkshake. Im just saying this is the shit that makes life AMAZING. Is your food crew tight or does your cheese circle need updating. Do they know what an oxtail is. Seeeeeeee thats what im talking about. Get cha life boo. YOLO........ chef sfensa ariantch
one of the best oxtails ever recipe
my favorite cheeses
Some great Soul Food Locally (sactown)

Comments
Post a Comment